The Chiclayan model Brunella Horna got the scare of her life due to the tremor that occurred this Friday at 5:30 in the morning in Lima with a magnitude 5.6 on the Richter scale. According to Richard Acuña’s partner, she revealed how badly she was during the earthquake, and announced that she was alone because her partner is in Chiclayo.
In statements for The popular, the popular ‘Baby Bru’ said that she is very afraid of tremors and that she even imagined the worst, because given the intensity, the model thought that the minutes were eternal.
“There is a lot of scare really. I was at home with my parents, but calmly I tried to save my puppy the first thing I did I put on my shoes, my backpack and everything we have at home,” he said at first.
According to the model, she revealed that once the earthquake was over, the first thing she did was call her partner, very scared, but that he helped her calm down.
“Yes, let me know, how it was a very strong earthquake, I was very scared for a while, and if a little while I could talk to him, until I calmed down,” he added to El Popular.
“I thought it was an earthquake, until I went to see on the internet that it was an earthquake. Well, nothing that helps us to be prevented,” he said.
What to do in case of an earthquake?
In the event of an earthquake, IGP and Indeci recommend the following:
- Stay calm, don’t let panic get the best of you.
- Reassure people around you.
- Execute the actions foreseen in the family plan.
- Go to the previously established safe places; Cover your head with both hands, placing it over your knees.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Stay away from objects that could fall, slide or break.
- Do not rush out, the earthquake lasts only a few seconds and may end before you have succeeded.
- If possible, turn off the gas taps, lower the main power switch and avoid lighting matches or any source of fire.
- Maintain social distancing.
Emergency backpack: What should it contain?
- First aid kit.
- Hygiene items: Antibacterial gel, toilet paper (2 units), hand and face towels (4 units) and wet cloths.
- Food: Canned food (2 units minimum), packages of water cookies, bottled still water (2 liters) and chocolate bars (2 units).
- Coat: Polar blankets (2 units), slippers.
- Money: Coins.
- Gel alcohol