He keyboard it is one of the most important input peripherals of your computer. Thanks to it, you can write Word documents, chat with your contacts through messaging apps like WhatsApp Web, among other actions. Although the most used keys are usually alphanumeric, this device also has others that are not so popular; however, they have great utility. These are the F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, and F12 buttons. What is your function? Here we will tell you.
Function keys, as these buttons are called, are located at the top of keyboards. As detailed by Xataka, a portal specialized in technology, they have different functionality, depending on when you click on them. That is to say, they will do certain actions if you press them when you are on the desktop and others, if you press it with a browser open.
Although some keys can work alone, there are some that can be combined with other buttons to have another utility. For example, the key F5 It is used to update both the desktop and the browser. while the F4 it can be combined with the “Alt” button to have a function that is very popular among users: closing the application you are using.
What are the function keys for?
- F1: opens the help menu of certain active programs
- F2: rename files
- F3: search box appears in certain apps
- F4: when you’re in a folder, open the address bar for you to type a path
- F5: refresh the desktop or web page you are visiting
- F6: Allows you to scroll through items on the desktop or in the browser
- F7: in the search engine, activate navigation by text cursor
- F8: you can enter the test mode of Windows (if you press it when turning on the PC)
- F10: access the menu bar of the program you are using
- F11: is used to access the ‘full screen’ mode of the browser
- F12: open the console of the browser you are using.