Not all applications available on the Play Store are safe, some may be malware that evades Google’s security controls, others may ask for more permissions than they need, such as having access to the camera either microphone of your smartphone which is very dangerous, since they can spy on you without your knowledge. How to avoid it?
Believe it or not, there are many applications that exceed the permissions and most users accept them without question. For example, you installed a voice recorder, it is natural that you should use the microphone from your telephone but it doesn’t have to ask to check your contact list, have access to the camera, etc.
Luckily, there is a method that allows you to identify all installed apps that have more permissions than they need. In this way, you can remove access to your camera, microphone, contacts, etc. It is worth noting that the steps may vary slightly, depending on the brand of your smartphone.
1. Enter the setting of the cell phone and look for the option privacy.
2. Select permission manager either permission manager
3. Several options will appear. Sign in to camera either microphone to see all apps that have access.
4. If you discover an app that is weird or doesn’t deserve to have that permission, just tap it and remove it.
5. In case you do not remember having installed that application, it is recommended to uninstall it.
6. You can also check which apps have access to your contact list, SMS, files and multimedia content, location, among other options.