Shut down or restart a computer with Windows 11 (or another operating system developed by Microsoft) is something quite simple, just press the start button and choose the option we want. However, it is not the only way to do it, as there is an alternative method for your Pc or laptop perform these actions after you command them with your voice. Do you want to learn it?
According to Professional Rewiew, a portal specialized in technology, this trick of Windows It does not require you to install any strange programs on your computer, all you need is that Cortana, the voice assistant created by Microsoft, is enabled.
Thanks to this software, users can give simple commands to their computer and it will do them. The problem with this voice assistant is that it has several limitations, so you will have to make some adjustments so that it can shut down or restart your computer.
How to configure Cortana to shut down or restart your PC?
1. Press the Windows + E keys to open the file explorer
2. Click on view and select the hidden items option
3. Enter Drive C and go to the following path: Users your user AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs
4. Once inside the program folder, you will have to create a new shortcut
5. A box will appear, where you must paste the following command: shutdown.exe -s -t 00 (to turn off) or shutdown.exe -r -t 00 (to restart)
6. Finally, you will have to give that shortcut a name. Can be turn off PC or restart PC.
That would be all. Now you can say, “Hey Cortana, turn off PC” and the voice assistant will automatically shut down your computer, without you having to press any keys. It is worth noting that it is necessary to have a microphone connected.