In the latest edition of the Latina newscast, journalists Pedro Tenorio and Fátima Aguilar they were in charge of the news for the day in the midst of a strong earthquake that occurred in Lima this morning. The communicators at all times invoked calm LIVE; however fear overwhelmed them as the earthquake was 5.6 degrees of magnitude, besieging heavily.
“We are experiencing an earthquake right now, very calm, please, emergency zone, emergency backpack, locate yourself right now. It has been very strong, it is still going on, but it has already fallen. It has been impressive, we are on the first floor and we have felt strongly, “Fatima said at first.
For his part, Tenorio was serene at all times and invoked the viewers to be calm, emphasizing that in the television studio there are reflectors that moved strongly due to the earthquake in Lima at 5:27 in the morning of this Friday 7 of January.
What to do in case of an earthquake?
In the event of an earthquake, IGP and Indeci recommend the following:
- Stay calm, don’t let panic get the best of you.
- Reassure people around you.
- Execute the actions foreseen in the family plan.
- Go to the previously established safe places; Cover your head with both hands, placing it over your knees.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Stay away from objects that could fall, slide or break.
- Do not rush out, the earthquake lasts only a few seconds and may end before you have succeeded.
- If possible, turn off the gas taps, lower the main power switch and avoid lighting matches or any source of fire.
- Maintain social distancing.
Emergency backpack: What should it contain?
- First aid kit.
- Hygiene items: Antibacterial gel, toilet paper (2 units), hand and face towels (4 units) and wet cloths.
- Food: Canned food (2 units minimum), packages of water cookies, bottled still water (2 liters) and chocolate bars (2 units).
- Coat: Polar blankets (2 units), slippers.
- Money: Coins.
- Gel alcohol