The first test of the Peruvian team. With their sights set on qualifying for the World Cup while marching in the Qatar 2022 qualifying playoff zone, Ricardo Gareca’s team is getting ready for what will be their friendly match against an old acquaintance in this type of match: Panama.
The ‘Blanquirroja’ knows how important this first duel of preparation will be prior to the restart of the South American qualifiers In which it will be measured in Barranquilla against Colombia, and then receive Ecuador in Lima. For this reason, he takes with great responsibility this duel to take place in the National Stadium.
Despite the fact that a few days after the friendly, COVID-19 cases were confirmed in the Panamanian campus, no statement from the authorities was released about the possibility of a suspension of the meeting scheduled for 4:00 pm (Peruvian time), so for now everything is normal.
In this context, below we share the history of the Peru vs Panama developed in recent years.
How did Peru fare against Panama?
- Peru 3-0 Panama: International Friendly 08/06/14
- Panama 1-2 Peru: International Friendly 03/01/13
- Peru 1-0 Panama: International Friendly 02/08/11
- Panama 1-0 Peru: International Friendly 10/12/10
- Panama 1-2 Peru: International Friendly 11/19/06
- Peru 0-2 Panama: International Friendly 08/16/06
Where will Peru vs Panama be played in an international friendly?
Setting: National Stadium (José Díaz)
Capacity: 50,000 spectators
Location: Lima, Peru