Victim families sue Astroworld organizers


The families of two friends from a Chicago suburb who died at the concert of Astroworld in Houston this month sued for homicide culposo to rapper Travis Scott, the entertainment company Live Nation and others.

The lawsuits, filed by the families of Jacob “Jake” Jurinek, 20, and Franco Patino, 21, of Naperville, Illinois, are part of a spate of lawsuits against Scott and the companies behind the Nov. 5 event in In which 10 people died and hundreds were injured when a wave of people pushed the attendees, crushing and trampling many of them.

As with many of the other lawsuits, this one blames the companies and Scott, a concert organizer who was on stage when the incident occurred, for failing to take the most basic safety precautions.

“The defendants flagrantly failed in their duty to protect the health, safety, and lives of concert-goers, including, but not limited to, failure to provide adequate security personnel to implement crowd control measures, adequate barricades, and a sufficient amount of emergency medical support, ”the lawsuits state.

Patino and Jurinek were college students, the former at the University of Dayton in Ohio and the latter at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. They had been teammates on the football team in high school in Naperville.

Like the loved ones of the other victims, a partner at the Chicago law firm Corboy & Demetrio, which filed the lawsuits this week in the Harris County courts in Houston said families are trying to prosecute something that doesn’t make sense.

“A healthy, strong 20- or 21-year-old goes to a concert thinking he’s going to have a little fun and celebrate, in this case, Jake’s 21st birthday,” Corboy said, according to the Naperville Sun. “Nobody expects to go to something as happy and joyous as a concert and end up dead. When they pay these high prices for concert tickets, no one anticipates that they will have to worry about things like this.”.

Source-www.diariolibre.com